Thursday, June 19, 2008

Roma--The Eternal City


We finally made it.  They don't call Rome the eternal city for nothing.  I think one of the reasons is because it seems to take an eternity to go from one side to the other, especially when you are walking.  Why we walked, when we had metro passes, I don't know.  However, we managed to walk from the Colesseum (complete with Roman soldiers) to the Spanish Steps before we called it quits for the day.  I must say that the kids did surprisingly well, especially Maggie, who was quite the trooper.  The gelato by the Trevi Fountain was great.  However, it was a very, very hot day.   

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I hope you tossed three coins in the fountain! I love this picture. So glad you made it, and I hope you got a little rest after that big walk.